Home Directories Mines Archive People Postcards Pubs

Three Crowns, Hinkshay Road

Three Crowns 2

There was a report in the Wellington Journal on Saturday 28th March 1857, that the son of Mr. John Currier, of the “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” public house, Dawley was found dead, the son’s name was Thomas and he was buried at Stirchley on the 24th Mar 1857, in the 1861 census John Currier is living in the nineth house in Hinkshay road which would be where the Three Crowns is, but he’s occupation is Forgeman, and by 1863 the pub is being called the Three Crowns a “beerhouse” and is to be let by Mr. J Currier.

Wellington Journal - Saturday 28th March 1857.

News 019A

Wellington Journal - Saturday 18th April 1863.

News 090E